Candidates for the Sacrament of the Sick:
The sacrament of the Anointing of the Sick may be celebrated for the Baptized:
- With those whose health is seriously impaired by sickness or old age.
- Before surgery
- With elderly people who have become notably weakened, even though no
serious illness is present.
- With seriously ill children who have sufficient use of reason to be
strengthened by the sacrament.
-With those who have been anointed, if they relapse after recovery or
if the condition becomes more serious.
- With those who are unconscious or who have lost the use of reason,
if there is probability they would have asked for the sacrament were
they in control of their faculties.
- With those who are judged to have a serious mental illness.
February 11 at 11:30am (World Day of the Sick)
The priests are happy to confer the sacrament whenever needed after
Mass, at home, in a nursing or residential facility or in the
Contact a priest:
Rectory Emergency Line: 314-487-7970 Ext 0
Rev. Thomas Keller
314-487-7970, Ext. 1202
Rev. Ryan Weber