Visit www.archstl.org for more information about the Safe Environment Program.
Assumption Parish (Mattese) and Schools follow the Archdiocese of St. Louis Safe Environment Program (Protecting God's Children). The program is designed to help protect the youth, elderly, and vulnerable adults of our parish as they participate in activities within our community. This process also provides a layer of protection against the possibility of false accusations for those adults who are involved in our many ministries. If you have any questions, please call Diane Higgins at 314-487-6520 ext. 1236 or email email@example.com.
If you would like to volunteer in any capacity at Assumption Parish (Mattese) or Schools, you must be in full compliance with the St. Louis Archdiocese Safe Environment Program. This means that three requirements must be met:
1) Create a Virtus account online with the Archdiocese and attend a Protecting God's Children workshop. Visit VIRTUS Online and click the START REGISTRATION button. To attend a workshop, simply scroll through the options and select the one that you would like to attend.
2) Complete the Worker Registration Form. This gives Assumption permission to run a background screening with the Missouri Family Care Safety Registry. Assumption will pay for the registration fee.
3) Read the "Code of Ethical Conduct," sign and date the last page.
All documents should be returned to Diane Higgins in the School Office.
If you have already completed a Worker Registration and Code of Ethical Conduct forms at another parish or school within the Archdiocese of St. Louis, it is mandatory that each parish or school maintain its own documentation. Therefore, you will be required to complete these forms again for Assumption Parish (Mattese) and Schools. Allow at least two (2) weeks for the paperwork and background check to be processed.
1) I have taken a Protecting God's Children workshop. What is the next step? You will need to complete the Workers Registration form and the Code of Ethical Conduct. Turn these forms in to the location where you are to volunteer (i.e, Assumption Parish (Mattese) and Schools). If you have lived outside of Missouri within the last five years, please complete the American Checked Form. Please return all forms to Diane Higgins in the School Office.
2) I am a teen and would like to volunteer. What do I need to do? If you are younger than 18 years old or still in high school, and wish to volunteer at Assumption Parish (Mattese) or Schools, please complete the Code of Ethical Conduct for Minors form, and return it to Diane Higgins in the School Office.
Victims of sexual abuse, in addition to contacting civil authorities, are asked to come forward in order to receive pastoral assistance. Reports of abuse may be made to any Pastor or to:
Sandra Price, Executive Director
Office of Child & Youth Protection
Missouri Department of Social Services
Children’s Division Hotline Reporting Number: